Before deciding to run your own CPR you should gather the information needed above (Do you want to manage the tow?).
In addition you will need the following:-
- Workshop and equipment to maintain and set up CPRs
- Towing equipment - davits, wires, CPRs, internals and silks
- Laboratory facilities (assuming standard facilities already in place)
- Suitable fume hoods
- CPR microscope(s)
- Dissection microscope(s)
- Preservation chemicals
- Reference books and procedures manuals
- Equipment to meet health and safety requirements of your country
- Curation storage facilities for samples
- IT equipment (hardware and software to process tow and plankton information)
- Trained staff (Operations, Logistics, Workshop Technicians, Instrument Technicians, Plankton Analysts, IT Staff, Researchers and Administrators)
- Funding to pay for set up costs
- Funding to cover ongoing costs
We hope the answers to these questions have been helpful in identifying your needs.
Please contact us if you would like us to provide a quotation for any of the services below.
- One off tows - with or without analysis
- Regular tows - with or without analysis
- IMarEST accredited workshop training, including logistics and the shipping of samples
- Analysis training
- Support tasks and sample processing training
- Sample analysis
- Purchase of CPRs, internals or associated equipment.
- Help with setting up an analysis laboratory
- Purchase of prepared silk
- Ongoing support
- Consultancy services